Sunday 6 June 2010

What news?

Well- first on the agenda- NO NEWS FROM BRISTOL...still.

And so The Guildhall recall...

I had a lovely feeling about Guildhall from the start and so hoped that the recall would be a pleasant experience at the least. The recall was to last a day and a half structured as follows.

I saw three panels of two members for 15 minute auditions. The panel members are current teachers at the school. In these panel auditions I showed my speeches and briefly worked on them, responding to directorial notes from them. One panel also looked at my song.

I would have a 2 hour physical workshop in a group of 10-15 people after which we each also showed our speeches to the panel. This time of three teachers.

We each had a meeting with the head of the school - a brief kind of how d'ye do.

Finally we each had a brief meeting with a singing teacher who heard our song and had a little chat about our singing training.

In total therefore, I was assessed by eleven members of staff, in a period of roughly three and a half hours. However, as I am not the centre of the universe they did not arrange to see me one after the other, and so I had to bide my time as everything was scheduled out over the day and a half period.

I was very impressed with their approach of having a great number of people assessing each of us. It gave them a chance to see us from every angle, and us the opportunity to show them. I left feeling good about the whole thing. working with each panel was exciting and challenging.

They do all of their recalls over the course of a week and so I had to wait whilst they saw everyone else before they were to decide who they offered places to. The outcome?


THEY OFFERED ME A PLACE!

Awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Tom, I'm going through the same thing now that you went through last year! Are you at Guildhall now? Update your blog, would love to hear how it's all going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same as Erin! Would be great to hear how it all went!
    I wish I'd found this blog earlier - it would of been so much better to have a rough idea of how the auditions were going to pan out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog - thanks so much for writing it. Did you choose Guildhall in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys! Thanks for your comments. Yes I did choose Guildhall. I trained for three years and have now been an actor for two. I'm just now uploading my blog of my latest professional job...please check it out!

    ReplyDelete